We aim to:
- Create awareness of disability issues
- Improve access to recreation, transportation, and public services for citizens with disabilities
- Advocate for and with persons with disabilities
- Seek resolution of concerns affecting persons with disabilities.
We make a difference!
- Won a part-time special recreation staff member in Cary’s Parks and Recreation staff.
- Began expansion of accessible activities in Parks and Recreation offerings
- Gained management agreement to add another accessible entrance at Cary Towne Center
- Obtained free booth space for wheelchair loans at Spring Daze and Lazy Daze. Lazy Daze is one of the largest craft festivals in the Southeast.